To meet the future demand of gases, they are produced qand stored for future. These gases are explosive and are stores carefully and properly with extra attention and effort to avoid any knid of injury. Gases can be stored in pressure vessels, cylinders, trailer, vaporizer and tanks. These are stored away from flammable materials and electrical outlets. The gases should not be subjected to any sort of physical damage or corrosion.
Basic Principles of Gas Storage
- Transportable gas containers should be stored in well defined
areas and should be segregated according to the hazard presented by
- Contents of cylinders should be easily identifiable.
- Persons involved should receive training regarding handling of
cylinder, potential risks and hazards from cylinder and contents.
- Account should be taken of external dangers such as adjacent work
operations under different managerial control or the possibility of
mechanical damage due to traffic knocks.
- Cylinders in store should be inspected regularly for
deterioration and gas leakage.
- Gas cylinder stores should not be used to store other materials.
- Empty cylinder should be stored and returned to the supplier with
the valve closed and the cap or plug fitted.
- Emergency procedures should be established.