CO2 Reactor is a very simple, efficient and economical reactor used to inject carbon dioxide under pressure into water. The general principal is to get the CO2 to have as long a contact as possible with the water to give it time to dissolve.
CO2 Reactor mainly consisits of:
Working of the CO2 Reactor
- CO2 enters the reactor through a hole drilled into the tube.
- The CO2 is then forced downards by the pump.
- The foam stops any bubbles from entering the water but water can
- This forces the bubbles to be churned around in a little
- This added agitation and time in contact with the water, more efficiently diffuses the CO2.
- In order to maximize the benefit of injecting CO2 it is important
to reduce any surface turbulence as this will quickly allow
dissolved CO2 to escape into the air.
- For efficient functioning turn of any aerators.
- Lower any spray bars below the water line.
- Direct the current to run around the sides of the reactors.
- An increased CO2 concentration will not displace dissolved
oxygen from the water.
- Do not unplug the co2 system at night.